My name is Carolyn Guthrie Lambert and I am the mother of three fantastic children. I created Nathan’s Waypoint out of a passion to connect with parents whose journey, like mine, might not be “perfect” and who could use an empathetic sounding board to remind them that they are not alone.
I am a Certified Parenting Coach through the Jai Institute for Parenting and a lawyer/MBA with degrees from Duke University Law School and the Fuqua School of Business. Before becoming a Parenting Coach I enjoyed a 20+ year career in conflict management, working with individuals and organizations. Through consultation, education, training and ongoing support, I helped others manage countless challenges, saving time and money, and reducing stress. As a Parenting Coach, I am turning that energy toward my passion for helping other parents, like me.
I believe a parent coach:
- Does not tell parents how to parent.
- Listens to what parents have to say and helps them understand what is driving their concerns, fears, and triumphs.
- Provides a safe space for parents to express and process what is going on for them without having to "do" anything until they are ready.
- Introduces parents to information and approaches that will resonate with those who are looking for a peaceful, connected relationship with their loved ones.
- Encourages and provides accountability for parents who wish to learn to use new parenting tools and new ways to connect with their children.
If this resonates with you, please contact me to schedule a free discovery session. I would love to talk with you.